DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
LOCATION: Cherry Hill, NJ
Gold: March 13-15, 2014
Blue : March 10-12, 2014
Primary Location: HQ
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia/Cherry Hill
2349 West Marlton Pike
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, 08002
(Phone) 856-665-6666 / (Fax) 856-662-1414
Route 70 & Sayer Avenue
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002
915 Route 73
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Mount Laurel, NJ
NJ DECA Line – 732-906-2584
NJ DECA Fax – 732-906-7711
Important Changes For Competitive Events
The following decisions were made in consensus between the NJ DECA Interim advisors, the members of the committee representing all three regions, and the NJ DECA Project Director, Kimberlee Hooper.
* No move ups from Regional to States .
* 30 page papers must be a minimum of 21 pages . If this requirement is NOT met, the students will forfeit their registration fee and will not be allowed to attend SLC. This will be clearly spelled out in the criteria on-line as part of the NJ DECA Handbook. It is very important that the advisor do their “Due Diligence” to read over their student’s papers and set realistic time lines to be sure this requirement is met before submitting papers by the deadline date. Two can present at SLC and 3 can go to ICDC. The quota remains 2 per school per category.
* 5 and 11 page papers will have a NEW QUOTA. Chapter with 75 and under registered members will be able to submit 1 paper per category. Chapters with registered members of 76 and over will be able to submit 2 per category. Three students may work on the paper but ONLY ONE will be able to present at the state conference. Three can go to ICDC.
* All students will use the National’s version of the “Statement of Assurance.” for all written projects.
* Online testing has been approved for all New Jersey regions and will used for the North, Central, and South Regional Conferences scheduled for January, 2014.